The Warden's Son
Limited Qty In Stock: 2. Purchase not guaranteed until completed.
- By Jerry Clapp.
- For many years, Jerry Clapp told his children and grandchildren the stories of growing up at the Idaho State Penitentiary. Late in life, he was encouraged by his family to write down his remembrances.
- The Warden’s Son is the true story of a boy who spent his childhood at the Idaho State Penitentiary. Arriving in 1945, young Jerry Clapp quickly learned the rules and boundaries as he roamed the prison grounds and cell houses, the confidante to many a wild tale from friendly inmates. While some were too dangerous to encounter, others became friends — an old man serving life for multiple assassinations, a beautiful teenager in the women’s prison, and an incarcerated war hero who became a lifelong role model. These are the stories Jerry would tell his grandchildren — from chilling recollections of riots, escapes, and hangings to the profound remembrances of inmates, guards, and the warden.
- Published Spring 2021.
- 151 pages, paperback.
- ISBN-10: 1735414522.
- 5.5 in. x 0.35 in. x 8.5 in.
- From the Old Idaho Penitentiary's Souvenir Confinement store.
- Log in as an Idaho State Historical Society Member to save 15% on all purchases!